Release of SA/NSW Interconnector Environmental Impact Statement
Published Thursday, 13 May 2021
ElectraNet Pty Ltd has proposed to develop a high voltage transmission line to be constructed between Robertstown in South Australia and the New South Wales border en route to Wagga Wagga via Buronga.
An Environmental Impact Statement has been prepared and is now available for public comment until Friday 25 June 2021.
A copy of the full EIS document is available online, free of charge. USB copies of the full EIS document along with a hard copy of the Executive Summary is also available free of charge from the following locations:
- Attorney-General’s Department, Planning and Land Use Services: Level 5, 50 Flinders Street, Adelaide
- Regional Council of Goyder: 1 Market Square, Burra
- Mid Murray Council: Morgan and Districts Community Hub, Cnr Fourth and Eighth Streets, Morgan
- Berri Barmera Council: 19 Wilson Street, Berri
- District Council of Loxton Waikerie: 35 Bookpurnong Terrace, Loxton
- Renmark Paringa Council: 61 Eighteenth Street, Renmark
The Attorney-General’s Department, Planning and Land Use Services (AGD-PLUS) will be conducting two (2) public information sessions on the proposal during the public exhibition period:
- 2 June 2021 – 3.00 pm to 6.00 pm
Morgan Community Activity Centre
Corner Fourth and Eighth Streets, Morgan
- 3 June 2021 – 10.00 am to 1.00 pm
Renmark Civic Centre, 61 Eighteenth Street, Renmark
Each session will commence with a presentation from AGD-PLUS on the major development assessment process, followed by a presentation from Electranet on the development proposal, and a question and answer session.
Written submissions should be addressed to:
Minister for Planning and Local Government
Attention: Robert Kleeman, Manager, State Assessment
Planning and Land Use Services
GPO Box 1815
ADELAIDE SA 5000
Or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All submissions will be made available on the PlanSA portal for public inspection and will be included in the proponent’s Response Document (to be also released for public information at a later date).