About the Fund
The state government is committed to urban greening and climate change resilience by supporting projects that improve the way our public spaces function, making them more sustainable, more accessible, safer and healthier.
The Planning and Development Fund allows the government to adopt a state-wide approach to implement open space and public realm projects through direct investment in local government projects, co-investment opportunities and via two grant programs (Open Space and Places for People).
Grants are available to local government, and organisations representing out of council areas within South Australia.
Open Space and Places for People grants
Access to quality public open space is becoming increasingly important to ensure South Australia remains a healthy and sustainable place to live.
Councils may apply for grants to assist with the planning, purchase and enhancement of public open space.
The grant programs will support projects that:
- facilitate the integrated delivery of quality public open space particularly in areas of growth and renewal
- provide a diverse range of high quality public open spaces that offer a range of active and passive opportunities
- improve the way our places function, making them more sustainable, more accessible, safer and healthier
- promote urban greening and climate change resilience
- create an interconnected network of high quality green spaces that join destinations, public transport and growth areas.
The 2020-21 grant round is now open with applications to be received by 5.00 pm, 19 February 2021. All applications are to be lodged via SmartyGrants.
Funding decisions will be made by June 2021.
Previous grant rounds
In May 2020, successful grant applications were announced for the 2019-20 grant round. A total of 37 community projects successfully secured funding across 27 different council areas:
- 24 in metropolitan Adelaide
- 13 in regional South Australia.
|Metropolitan Adelaide||Regional South Australia|
|Charles Sturt||Kangaroo Island|
|Holdfast Bay||Karoonda East Murray|
|Mount Barker||Murray Bridge|
|Port Adelaide Enfield||Victor Harbor|
|Tea Tree Gully|
Phone 8402 1852