From time to time, the planning and development system is amended to improve the way it works in South Australia.
By having your say, you can influence the way we plan and build under SA’s planning system.
Public feedback is sought on many elements of the planning system including Planning and Design Code amendments, major projects and other planning related projects.
View current Code Amendments on consultation
View current Major Projects on consultation
Other projects on consultation are listed below:
Submissions made up to 5:00 pm, Friday 24 September 2021 will now be considered
The Attorney-General’s Department, on behalf of the Minister for Planning and Local Government, wants to hear your views on a proposed Linear Park (Grange to Tennyson). This proposed Linear Park incorporates a potential shared-use path.
The Minister for Planning and Local Government is proposing to establish a Linear Park under the Linear Parks Act 2006. The objectives of this Act are to:
- establish, maintain, and preserve linear parks as world-class assets to be used and enjoyed as public parks for the benefit of present and future generations
- promote the use and enjoyment of linear parks by the community
- facilitate the use of linear parks for exercise and outdoor activities.
This project focuses on a section between Terminus Street, Grange and Bournemouth Street, Tennyson. Should the project proceed, it will be delivered by the Department for Infrastructure and Transport on behalf of the Attorney-General's Department.
The area between Third Avenue, Semaphore Park to the northern edge of Wara Wayingga-Tennyson Dunes Conservation Reserve was declared a Linear Park in October 2020.
Proposed Coast Park shared-use pathway
Coast Park aims to improve community access and enjoyment of our beaches for all users and encourage active lifestyles through the region.
The Minister for Planning and Local Government is seeking your feedback on the proposed Linear Park (including the shared-use path). Feedback can be provided until 5:00 pm, Friday 24 September 2021, by:
- filling out the Registration, Feedback and Suggestions form
- writing to: Linear Park Project Team, GPO Box 1533, Adelaide SA 5000
If you have any enquiries about the project you can:
- email the project team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- call 1300 060 456.
Submissions received in response to the Public Notice will be provided to the Minister for Planning and Local Government for consideration.
- Public Notice – proposed Linear Park (Grange to Tennyson) (PDF, 1438 KB)
- Roll plot – showing the proposed Linear Park and shared-use path within it (PDF, 4436 KB)
- Artistic impressions and sections of proposed Linear Park and shared-use path (PDF, 3610 KB)
The consultation process
Public consultation is an important part of the planning process.
Amendment of a designated instrument or scheme under the Planning, Development and Infrastructure Act 2016 (the PDI Act) must comply with the Community Engagement Charter during consultation.
All code amendments are required to go on public consultation before a decision is made, with proposed amendments published on PlanSA for you to have your say.
The consultation process may involve public events, letter drops and brochures.
After consultation closes submissions are published on PlanSA as public information.
PlanSA publishes all projects that have completed the public consultation process and have reached a decision.
All the consultation documentation is available as well as copies of submissions received.