Rules for the inspection of certain developments by councils in their respective areas, for rural parts of South Australia.
Published 12 March 2020
No historic versions available
About this document
This objects of this practice direction are to:
- in relation to areas within a council, require councils to carry out inspections so as to:
- provide for occupant and public safety
- maintain confidence and integrity in the development control system.
- councils must have regard to the objects in sub-clause 3(1) of Part 1 in making determinations under this practice direction
- without limiting sub-clause 3(2) of Part 1, councils must have regard to the objects when determining:
- the timing of inspections
- the elements and buildings to be inspected; and (c) whether to carry out additional inspections.
The State Planning Commission issues practice directions to specify procedural requirements in connection the Planning, Development and Infrastructure Act 2016.