Requirements for inspection of developments by councils in their respective areas.
Published 25 March 2021
Published 12 March 2021
About this document
This objects of this practice direction are to:
- in relation to areas within a council, require councils to carry out inspections so as to:
- provide for occupant and public safety
- maintain confidence and integrity in the development control system.
- councils must have regard to the objects in sub-clause 3(1) of Part 1 in making determinations under this practice direction
- without limiting sub-clause 3(2) of Part 1, councils must have regard to the objects when determining:
- the timing of inspections
- the elements and buildings to be inspected; and (c) whether to carry out additional inspections.
The State Planning Commission issues practice directions to specify procedural requirements in connection the Planning, Development and Infrastructure Act 2016.