Use this form to determine the essential safety provisions (ESPs) that are required to be maintained and tested in a building.
About this document
Form 1 is an approved form for the purposes of regulation 94(4) of the Planning, Development and Infrastructure (General) Regulations 2017.
This form is used by a relevant authority to designate:
- essential safety provisions (ESPs) installed or to be installed in a building
- standards or other requirements for installation of each ESP
- maintenance and testing in respect of each ESP (in accordance with Ministerial Building Standard (MBS) 002 - Maintaining the performance of essential safety provisions).
It also lists the reasons for this schedule being issued, such as:
- building consent for a proposed new building
- change of building classification
- alterations to existing essential safety provisions
- application for a new schedule of essential safety provisions to be issued
- issuing any other certification of compliance with the Building Rules.